The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us. We want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected whilst in our hands.
Pulse Insurance Limited knows that we must always ensure that personal information is kept safe. We are committed to protecting your, your family and/or you and your clients’ personal information.
- Our Pulse website (“Website”);
- Social media including Twitter and LinkedIn as well as any Pulse Insurance content that we may include on any other website;
It also relates to our use of any personal information we collect through other means, such as email, in person or other third-party sources.
Pulse Insurance Ltd
The information we collect and how we collect it
Information you provide to Pulse
We may receive personal information about you, when you contact Pulse Insurance for example by doing any of the following:
- Requesting or obtaining a quote or an indication of premium
- Purchasing a Pulse product through us
- Using our Website
- Registering as an Intermediary or Financial Adviser
- Submitting an insurance enquiry
- Telephoning, texting, writing by post or email, or communicating via any online channels to Pulse Insurance
This information may include:
- Basic personal details such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth or age, gender, marital status
- Additional information about your lifestyle and insurance requirements, such as details of your employment, your health or your travel arrangements
- Information about your other policies, such as claims history, quotes history, claims data
- Sensitive personal information such as health information (for example existing medical conditions, alcohol consumed, recreational drug use, tobacco use, current state of health, family or personal history in relation to some conditions). We will always be clear to explain when and why we need this information and the purposes for which we will use it and will obtain your explicit consent to use sensitive personal information
- Information about your employment, including salary and other financial information where relevant to your insurance request
- National Insurance Number and
- Your marketing preferences
- We may collect information about other members of your household or family, for example, family members who may be included on an insurance policy or on whose life you take out a life insurance policy.
- If you give us information about another person it is your responsibility to ensure and confirm that:
Information collected from your use of our Website
Information we collect through Cookies and similar technologies
We collect information through “Cookies” and other similar technologies to remember you when you visit the Website; this helps us improve your online experience to suit your needs and understand how you and others use our Website, view our products and respond to our advertising, so we can tailor direct marketing and enhance our overall product and service offering. This also saves you from re-inputting information when you return to the Website.
We collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to technical information about device, system and application software used to better facilitate your use of our website.
We may use and share information from or with online sources, such as website, social media and information sharing platforms. This information may be used to help tailor and improve our services and communicate with you effectively, as we know many of our customers use a range of media channels.
Where we use or share information from or with these sources, we will respect any permissions you have set about how you would like your information to be used.
We recommend you routinely review the privacy notices and preference settings that are available to you your web browsers and on any social media.
Information collected from third parties
We use information about you from other third party sources such as:
- We may obtain information about you from medical professionals, or your employer. We will always seek your permission to contact these people for your information.
- We may obtain information about you from our third-party suppliers and other third-party databases, such as government sites for marketing insights, pricing research, product development, business strategy and to detect and prevent fraudulent activity or to obtain background information relating to a particular event or activity.
How we use information to help you
We may use information to:
Administer quotes and policies, including to:
- assess your application for a cover,
- understand your risk
- verify your identity and carry out anti-fraud checks,
- administer your policy including updating you on and delivering our services.
- support you if you need to claim
- deal with complaints
- reconnect with you if you move to a new house or change employer.
How we use your information
We may share and aggregate information about you within Pulse, including personal information held within multiple policies held with us, quotes or claims details and depending on your preferences, we may use this information to:
- to determine pricing;
- if you request a quote, or purchase a product or service from us, your personal information will be used and shared with Insurers and Lloyd’s Underwriters, as well as their third-party administrators, for the purposes of administration (including underwriting, determining premiums, managing claims and offering renewals).
- We will use your information to communicate with you about your quote, product or service, including improvements we make to the ways you can access your information.
We may, as a matter of law, and without requiring notice or consent, use your information for crime and fraud prevention, systems administration and to monitor and/or enforce Pulse’ compliance with any regulatory rules and codes.
How we share your information outside of Pulse
If you request a quote, or purchase a product or service, your personal information may be shared with and processed by our associated insurers, introducers, intermediaries, reinsurers and agents, as well as the policy holder (for a corporate policy) and your broker or agent for the purposes of administration, including third parties providing services to them, (as detailed above).
Your information may be disclosed when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
- required by law;
- to protect the safety of our employees, the public or Pulse property;
- required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process; or
- in the event of a merger, asset sale, or other related transaction; or
- for the prevention or detection of crime (including fraud).
We may share your information with regulatory bodies in the UK or if applicable, overseas.
We may disclose your information to third party suppliers or service providers to conduct our business, for example, to help administer your policy, to help us manage and store data, provide data analytics, conduct market research and to communicate with you effectively. This may include any online or digital partners we work with, so we, or our online or digital partners on our behalf, can communicate with you through their platforms.
Data transfer and consent
Your information may be transferred by to any country, including countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), for processing, storage, administration or any other use stated in this policy. The purposes and processing associated with any such transfer will comply with all applicable data protection regulations, including the UK Data Protection Act, and with our obligation to adequately protect and secure your personal information. Where required under applicable laws we will take measures to ensure that personal information handled in other countries will receive at least the same level of protection as it is given in the EEA.
By providing your personal information to Pulse Insurance you consent to the transfer of your information as described above.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us and we put in place appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect against any unauthorised access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
Managing your marketing preferences
- provide you with updates and information about Pulse’s products and services through online digital services (e.g. online advertising, social media communications);
- you can change your marketing preferences at any other time by contacting us on the details given below in the 'Update your information or change your marketing preferences' section.
We will not use sensitive personal details (such as information relating to your health record) in order to provide you with marketing, discounts or pricing.
Update your information or change your marketing preferences
Please let us know if your information changes as it is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date.
You can ask us to update or correct your personal information by contacting us using any of the following methods:
Call us on 01280 841430 or Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
We are here to help Monday –Friday 9 a.m.-5.30 p.m. or if you prefer, you are welcome to write to us at the address below:
Data Protection Officer
Pulse Insurance Ltd
6 Oxford Court
St James Road
How to find out what information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of all the personal information we hold about you in a Subject Access Request.
To do this, simply write to us at the address above enclosing a cheque for £10.00 payable to Pulse Insurance Limited to cover our administrative costs in dealing with your request.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer
Pulse Insurance Ltd.
6 Oxford Court
St James Road
Or Email DPO@pulse-insurance.co.uk