Life insurance with Ankylosing Spondylitis
Not all standard insurers are willing to offer Life Insurance to those with Ankylosing Spondylitis.
The premium levels you will be quoted and availability of cover will depend primarily upon how well controlled your condition is, how severe your symptoms are and what medications you are taking.
If you have not already been declined for life cover, you could consider approaching mainstream insurers first.
Make a Life Insurance Enquiry
If you need a specialist underwriter.
Pulse specialise in taking your Ankylosing Spondylitis and any other specific conditions and needs into account and finding Life Insurance cover for you, if it is available.
We use our knowledge and experience to find a solution when other Life Insurers have declined to quote.
The underwriter will require a detailed understanding:-
- All medications used, especially anti-TNFs
- Any other treatments given, ongoing or planned
- Severity of symptoms (including if internal organs are affected, anaemia, weight loss, difficulty sleeping, standing or sitting, decreased mobility)
- Any Asthma
- Any Heart related issues
- Any Mental health issues
- Any other conditions not listed above
It is almost inevitable that we will require a Medical Report before cover can be issued. We will discuss this with you when you enquire.
Why Pulse Insurance?
- Pulse Insurance have been focused on finding unusual cover since 1998
- We strive to offer a caring and sensitive service
- We are knowledgeable insurance professionals who work as a team
- We provide a personal service to guide you through
- If we cannot help, it will not be for the want of trying or know-how
While finding cover for everyone is not always possible and the premium will be higher to reflect your increased risk, we like to think we are rather good at helping people find the cover they need.
In most Ankylosing Spondylitis cases we can offer indicative premiums and/or sense of if cover may be available early on; so, you can decide to proceed or not.
It is always important to declare your Ankylosing Spondylitis and any other medical conditions completely.
Your Personal & Medical Details
Everything you disclose about your Ankylosing Spondylitis and any underlying conditions to any life insurer or life agent should be treated with sensitivity and appropriate levels of privacy.
Your Pulse underwriting specialist will look to gain a detailed picture of your health and you should take care to disclose everything. These factors will be explicitly considered when determining the fair premium, you would pay.
Equally, we provide cover based on a “snapshot” of your health, so once a policy has been issued, neither your premium or your cover will be adversely affected if your Ankylosing Spondylitis worsened.
Requirements for more information
While our initial enquiry may not gather enough information to provide an indication of cost, our insurers may ask for more in depth information regarding your Ankylosing Spondylitis and/or any other conditions. Sometimes the details you can provide may allow them to reduce the premium they seek.
As you have a serious medical condition, it is likely that underwriters will need to seek a Doctor’s report or for you to undergo medical examinations, blood tests or other tests that will confirm your health to allow them to quote an accurate premium and confirm cover details. The costs involved in obtaining the medical information are usually paid by the underwriter, but if not, you will be informed before they are requested.
Pulse will never sell your details to anyone ever. We will use your details to provide the service you have asked for according to the permissions you grant us– read our Privacy and Data Protection policy in full.
Pulse may be able to offer covers beyond everyday Life Insurance to give you the peace of mind and protection you desire.
- Beyond Life Insurance
- More Life Insurance
The reasons you may need life cover may be simple or complex, but having the right covers brings peace of mind for you and your family.
For Pulse Intermediaries
The following details may help you when competing an application for your client.
Related Medications / Drugs
- Aceclofenac (Preservex)
- Adalimumab (Humira)
- Celecoxib (Celebrex)
- Codeine/Paracetamol (Tylex)
- Diclofenac potassium (Voltarol Rapid)
- Diclofenac sodium (Dexomon, Dicloflex, Diclomax, Econac, Fenactol, Motifene, Voltarol, Voltarol Dispersible)
- Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs)
- Enbrel (Etanercept)
- Etoricoxib (Arcoxia)
- Flurbiprofen (Froben)
- Golimumab (Simponi)
- Hydrocortisone acetate (Hydrocortistab)
- Ibuprofen (Anadin Ibuprofen, Brufen, Cuprofen, Nurofen)
- Indometacin (Indolar, Pardelprin)
- Infliximab (Remicade)
- Ketoprofen (Ketocid, Ketovail)
- Lidocaine/Methylprednisolone acetate (Depo-medrone with Lidocaine)
- Meloxicam (Mobic)
- Methylprednisolone (Medrone)
- Methylprednisolone acetate (Depo-Medrone)
- Misoprostol/Naproxen (Napratec)
- Naproxen (Naprosyn)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Paracetamol (Anadin Paracetamol)
- Piroxicam (Feldene)
- Tiaprofenic Acid
- Triamcinolone Acetonide (Kenalog)
- Tumour necrosis factor (TNF) blocker